When you're a kid the best thing about summer is having fun with friends and enjoying the warmth of the season (and no school of course!). There's no better way to ensure your children have the best summer ever than by enrolling them in summer camps that fit their interests. This summer the Monmouth County Park System's Camp/Swim Program Directory has over 150 summer camps to choose from all of which are geared towards giving your child an exciting summer. Don't think we have something your child will enjoy? Check out some of these awesome new camps:
- Avengers Assemble! (entering K-2): If your child loves superheros, this camp is sure to be a blast! With games that will have campers outrunning the Flash in Speed Ball, assembling armor like Iron Man, or crawling through Spiderman's obstacle course, kids will love being just like their favorite superheros!
- Camp Woof (entering grades 6-8): If your child and dog have a great bond, they'll get a kick out our first camp that lets them play together! Together they will make friends, play games, splash in the kiddie pool, and learn basic skills on becoming a responsible dog owner and well mannered pooch.
- Explorers Club (entering grades 5-8): A week of exploration is in store as campers venture into woods, wetlands, and rivers in search of wildlife and fossils. We'll visit the animals of the Cape May Zoo, challenge ourselves on the ropes course at Thompson Park, try our hands at archery, and so much more!
- Extreme Adventure Odyssey (entering grades 8-12): Get ready for an adventurous week as we experience camping, "real rock climbing", a zip flyer, Segways, and so much more! You'll soar to new heights with this exciting teen camp.
- Grow, Harvest, Eat! (entering grades 3-4): There's something amazing gained when children learn about where the foods they eat come from. Together campers will tend a camp garden, harvest the produce and prepare simple recipes. They will also visit community gardens and local farms to learn about produce that is locally grown.
- Just 4 Girlz (entering grade 6-8): Does your daughter love her magazines? Campers will become reporters, writers, researchers, editors, columnists, photographers, and publishers, all while creating their own versions of their favorite girls magazines. This is a great opportunity for girls to build a vision around all the subjects important to them.
- Nightfall Nature (entering grades 4-6): This evening camp will allow your child to enjoy the mysteries of the night while hiking, fishing, kayaking, playing games, and exploring. These evening adventures are sure to bring a totally different summer camp experience.
These new camps are just a sampling of what we have to offer your child this summer. From arts & crafts to horticulture, fashion to farm life, equestrian to sports, and nature to odyssey adventures, there truly is a camp out there to suit any interest! And don't forget swim lessons!
Registration for children's summer camps and swim lessons begins:
Sunday, March 10:
Register online starting at 12noon or by phone at (732) 842-4000, ext. 1, from 12:00-4:00pm.
After March 10 you can register:
- Online 24/7
- By phone at (732) 842-4000, ext. 1, Monday through Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm
- By mail using the form in the back of the Camp/Swim Program Directory
- In person at Thompson Park Headquarters in Lincroft
Do you have a child with special needs who would love our camps? Call us at (732) 460-1167, ext. 24, to discuss what we can do to make your child's summer camp experience safe and exciting.
Make your child's summer an experience they'll never forget!