A combination of golf and soccer, FootGolf is the new sport taking off with a bang in our area. This family-friendly sport is played with a regulation #5 soccer ball. Laid out on a traditional golf course, players aim for a large 21-inch cup, trying to make it into the cup in the least number of kicks possible. It takes approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes to complete a 9-hole FootGolf course.
The basic rules of FootGolf largely correspond to those of a traditional game of golf:
- Wear golf appropriate apparel at all times.
- Your ball must be easy to identify.
- Review the score card and wait your turn. Make sure your kick will not interfere with other players.
- Kick your ball from a position behind the tee markers.
- The ball must be played in a single movement. It is against the rules to push the ball with the top or bottom of your foot.
- Wait to play until the ball has completely come to rest.
- Play the ball where it lies. You may not move the ball except if the ball obstructs another player's kick.
- The player farthest from the hole is the first to kick.
- If the ball enters a hazard, retrieve and replace the ball within two steps from the closest point from where the ball entered the hazard, receiving a one stroke penalty.
- Only between holes may the ball be picked up and cleaned.
Rates are as follows:
- Bel-Aire 9-Hole Course - $7 for ages 12 and under; $10 for ages 13 and up
- Pine Brook 18-Hole Course - $9 for ages 12 and under; $12 for ages 13 and up
- Ball rentals are $2.50 each at either course
FootGolf Outings and Birthday Parties are available at both courses. The cost is $15 per person at Bel-Aire and $20 per person at Pine Brook. The fee includes ball rentals, tee time reservations, and use of the golf center activity room. For outings and birthday parties, please call 732-462-9224, ext. 1#.
For full details on our FootGolf courses, click here.