- Camping: Whether you’re looking for a night away from home or a memorable camping 'stay-cation' with family and friends, the campgrounds at Turkey Swamp Park, Freehold are the place to be. This family-friendly campground features 64 wooded campsites (52 which can be reserved) and a long list of amenities which include electrical and water service, modern restrooms with showers and laundry areas, picnic tables, playgrounds, and much more.
- Golf: Tee off at one of our eight beautiful golf courses at six locations! With five championship courses, two 18-hole executive courses, and a nine-hole par three course, Park System golf courses accommodate golfers of all skill levels. New to the game? Be sure to take advantage of our golf programs.
- Playgrounds: Don't spend your days indoors, get into the swing of spring on a playground! Playgrounds provide children a place to play outside and build strong bodies and minds. The Park System offers amazing playgrounds at several parks and recreation areas throughout the county including Mount Mitchill Scenic Overlook, Atlantic Highlands; Shark River Park, Wall; and Tatum Park, Middletown. And don't forget the Park System's two universally accessible playgrounds offering fun for children of all abilities: Tony's Place at Seven Presidents Oceanfront Park, Long Branch and Challenger Place at Dorbrook Recreation Area, Colts Neck.
- Fishing: Looking to drop your line and see what bites? The Park System offers a variety of serene locations for both freshwater and saltwater fishing. Please Note: Freshwater anglers ages 16-69 must have a NJ State fishing license; saltwater anglers must register with the state's free saltwater fishing online registry.
- Boating: Warm weather offers the perfect setting for time out on the water. The Manasquan Reservoir, Howell has kayaks, rowboats and electric powered rowboats available for rent. Kayaks, canoes and paddleboats can be rented at Turkey Swamp Park, Freehold. And don't miss canoe rentals on Marlu Lake in Thompson Park, Lincroft on various weekends throughout the spring/summer season. For full details and pricing information, visit our Canoe, Kayak & Boat Rental page.
- Trails: Take in the beauty of the parks while enjoying some exercise as you walk, run or bike our trails. With over 120 miles of trails, the county parks have trails of all types, surfaces and lengths in many locations throughout the county.
- Gardens: It's time to stop and smell the flowers! As spring chases away the colder temperatures, the flowers and trees begin to bloom once again. Deep Cut Gardens, Middletown, offers 54 acres of gardens and greenhouses that are planned as a living catalog of cultivated and native plant materials to be observed through the seasons. The beauty of the budding trees at the David C. Shaw Arboretum is a must see. Located within Holmdel Park, Holmdel, the arboretum's 22 acres contain hundreds of species, cultivars and varieties of ornamental trees and shrubs.
Have questions about the parks or the activities mentioned above? Email us or check out our website for information.