At the Monmouth County Park System we pride ourselves on the great number of local individuals who help to enrich the parks through their dedication as "Volunteers in Parks". Every year over 1,000 residents of varying age groups and backgrounds help to make your county parks something special.
Volunteers in Parks program is ever expanding. Currently, volunteers can be found doing a number of notable jobs, including the following:
- Gardening and pruning at various parks such as Deep Cut Gardens, Historic Longstreet Farm, and Thompson Park
- Trails maintenance to assist with over 140 miles of trails throughout the Park System
- Docents/Welcome Desk Greeters at locations like the Manasquan Reservoir Environmental Center and Deep Cut Gardens
- Equestrian and horse care at Sunnyside Equestrian Center and for Special People United to Ride (SPUR)
- Beach Nesting Bird Monitors at Seven Presidents Oceanfront Park
- Environmental cleanups and beach sweeps - don't miss the upcoming environmental clean-up taking place at Freneau Woods Park in Aberdeen this Saturday, April 21 from 9 a.m.-12 p.m. Volunteers age 16 and up are welcome; new volunteers will be asked to fill out a volunteer form when they arrive. Please bring work gloves, wear sturdy shoes, and dress for the weather.
- Assisting at special events like the Monmouth County Fair, Thompson Park Day, and various races
- Lending their talents during park programs and summer camps
Each year, hundreds of volunteers give over 20,000 hours of assistance to your Monmouth County Park System. Though you may not always spot a volunteer, their hard work can be seen in every park you visit.
And we're always happy to meet new volunteers who are interested in helping their county parks.
For more information on how you can become a volunteer with the Monmouth County Park System, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 732-842-4000, ext. 4283.