|Historic Longstreet Farm, Holmdel|
- Take a step back in time with one of the Park System's historic sites. At Historic Longstreet Farm in Holmdel you can experience life as it was in rural Monmouth County during the 1890s. Open from 10 a.m.-4 p.m., visitors can walk through the farm and view costumed interpreters showing both daily and seasonal agricultural and domestic activities. Or head into western Monmouth County for a visit to Historic Walnford in Upper Freehold. Here you can learn about the Waln family and the evolution of Walnford over two centuries - from an 18th century industrial village and family farm to en elegant country estate. Currently the Waln house is closed for interior painting, but all other buildings remain open daily from 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Explore the the world around you with TWO environmental centers. The Manasquan Reservoir Environmental Center, located on Georgia Tavern Road in Howell, offers a variety of
A turtle in the Reptile & Amphibian Display at the
Manasquan Reservoir Environmental Center
- Playgrounds offer a terrific place for children to run, jump, climb and play! Your Monmouth County Park System offers nine parks with beautiful playground equipment that will keep your children active for hours. Find the playground closest to you by clicking here.
- Whether your geared up for a walk, hike or bike ride, you won't find a better place than your
Bike riding on the trails
- If you're looking to get out some energy indoors, the Fort Monmouth Recreation Center in Tinton Falls has Open Gym times scheduled on various days. During these times you'll find various play equipment available as well as the table games in the lobby. Cost to attend an Open Gym session is $5 per person per day. Check out the Calendar for a full listing of Open Gym times and other upcoming drop-in programs available at the Fort Monmouth Recreation Center.
For more ideas on how you can include the parks in your spring break plans, visit our website at www.MonmouthCountyParks.com. We look forward to seeing you!