Our Naturalists will venture out into water, pulling a long seine net along the edge of the Sandy Hook Bay. As they return to shore, a variety of fish, crabs and other sea creatures are scooped into the net for our awaiting visitors to get a peek of. The critters are gently placed in small tanks for observing, and then released back into the Bay.
Please note the following:
- Closed-toe shoes are required to participate.
- The program will not run during inclement weather.
- Parents or guardians are required to stay with and supervise their children at all times.
- No swimming is allowed during the event.
- This program is designed for individuals and families. If you have a group that is interested in take part in a seining program, please call 732-872-7369.
At the program's end, we hope you'll stick around and enjoy the gorgeous shores of Bayshore Waterfront Park. This is a perfect spot to enjoy the picturesque views of the New York City skyline as well. You may even want to bring a picnic lunch to enjoy on the beach or at one of our picnic tables. Please remember that this is not a guarded beach, so swimming is not recommended.
Check out a few more photos of the fun experienced during last year's Summer Seining sessions...