- Eek-O-Fabulous Costume Swap - This annual event is going on this week and gives you the opportunity to get terrific costumes for the entire family (even your four-legged friends) without spending tons of money. Gently used costumes can be dropped off at one of five Park System locations now through Saturday, October 10. For each costume you bring you will receive one token. Then, on Sunday, October 11, families can head to the Thompson Park Visitor Center, Lincroft to pick out new-to-you costumes. For full details, visit our Costume Swap page.
- Creatures of the Night - There's no better way to celebrate autumn and Halloween than an evening hayride. Our Creatures of the Night hayrides are fun for the whole family and offer a glimpse into the lives of nocturnal animals. This year, head through the hills of Huber Woods Park, Middletown as you help solve "The Mystery of the Missing Pumpkins". Rides are available on Friday and Saturday evenings from October 9-24. Pre-registration and fee are required. Click here for full details.
- Critters and Jitters - Geared to our younger visitors, these daytime hayrides through Huber Woods Park, Middletown also offer pumpkin picking and a craft. Pre-registration and fee are required. For details, click here.
- Pumpkin Carving & Painting Stations - Decorate your home with a beautifully carved pumpkin this harvest season! We'll provide the pumpkins and the tools, you provide the creativity. Plus, we take care of the mess! Carving will take place on Saturday, October 10 at the Fort Monmouth Recreation Center, Tinton Falls and at Holmdel Park, Holmdel on Sunday, October 11. Pre-registration and fee are required. For full details, click here.
- Thompson Park Day -
Thompson Park Day
- Great Pumpkin Barn Dance - Carve pumpkins and kick up your heels during this family-friendly program at Thompson Park, Lincroft on Saturday, October 24. We'll start by using templates to carve beautiful pumpkins. Then, head to the dance floor for an old-fashioned barn dance! Light refreshments are provided. Pre-registration and fee are required. Click here for more information.
- All Hallows Eve Gala - Don your best costume and get ready for this dance party for all ages at the Fort Monmouth Recreation Center, Tinton Falls on Friday, October 30. You'll have a fantastic time dancing under the lights of our disco ball. You can also decorate your own Jack-O-Lantern and enjoy some tasty treats. Pre-registration and fee are required. Click here for more information.