- Four open studio spaces (handicap accessible)
- Talented, highly trained instructors
- 20 pottery wheels
- 12 electric kilns and two Raku kilns
- Glaze mixing facility
- Greenware room and slip casting facility
- Between 2,000-3,000 ceramic molds
Reflecting the diverse interests of county residents, the Center also offers a rich array of craft classes for adults & children as well as drawing, painting, knitting, crocheting, origami, jewelry-making, basket-making, holiday crafts, and more.Youngsters can enjoy drawing, cartooning, painting, holiday-themed programs & summer camps. Activities have also been specially designed for home-schooled children and there are also a variety of birthday parties for youngsters.
Ready to learn something new and have fun? Check out these upcoming programs happening at the Creative Arts Center:
- Creative Clay Time on Tuesdays from April 14-May 5 for ages 4-6, with adult. You and your child will have a blast learning about ceramic arts while creating real pottery. Each week you'll work on a new work of art from clay. Pre-registration and fee required.
- KidzArt Imagine & Explore on Thursdays from April 16-May 21 for ages 6-11. Kids who enjoy drawing will love this art class that encourages problem solving, creative thinking and self-confidence. While sharpening our drawing skills we'll also experiment with watercolor, acrylic paint, air-dry clay, and pastel. Pre-registration and fee required.
- TeenzArt on Thursdays, April 16-May 21 for ages 12-16. Teens will enjoy challenging design projects that push their creative potential to the max during this drawing based class that also delves into watercolor, collage, pastel, and acrylic painting. Pre-registration and fee required.
- Basic Drawing on Wednesdays, April 22-May 27 for adults. This beginners level class will teach you the primary elements of drawing through various techniques with pencil and charcoal. Pre-registration and fee required.
And don't miss out on this brand new exciting event coming this May!
(Click on the photo for more details.)