To some the Monmouth County Fair will be a brand new adventure this year. And for others, attending the Fair is a family tradition offering new experiences to behold every visit. And there's not a doubt that whether it's your first time or your tenth, this year's Fair will offer everyone something fun, exciting, and exceptional.
- All New Amusement Rides: This year's rides are sure to bring laughter, thrills, and excitement to all ages. Don't miss out on wristband nights! Pay just $20 per wristband (available Wednesday, Thursday & Sunday) and ride as many rides as you'd like!
- Exciting Entertainment: Ready for some thrills? In the Adventure Zone on Wednesday-Friday you'll get your fill with exciting shows that include E3 Skateboarding Stunt Show, "Hell on Wheels" BMX Stunt Show, and Fere Motorcycle Thrill Show. But that's not all! Step back in time to the days of knights on Thursday-Sunday in Show Ring 2 where you can watch the armor clad knights of Paragon Jousting charge one another with their lances leveled.
- Delightful Animals: What would an agricultural fair be without animals? Be sure to stop by the 4-H tent to view all of their beautiful animals, from rabbits to goats and roosters to horses. Bwana Jim's Wildlife Show is always a hit for all ages, exhibiting a wide variety of animals including snakes, alligators, owls, and hawks. Stop by Show Ring 1 to check out the Racing Pigs Wednesday-Sunday as well as Sheep Herding Demonstrations Thursday-Sunday. On Saturday pet lovers won't want to miss Pet Zone where you can meet some of the horses of Sunnyside Recreation Area, watch the County Sheriff K-9 Unit Demonstration or Kountry K-9 Show, learn about Seeing Eye Puppy Training, and much more!
- Jersey Grown Produce: Veggies and fruits and flowers, oh my! Ask any New Jersey native and they'll tell you, there's nothing better than fresh, locally grown Jersey produce! All new this year, the Monmouth County chapter of Future Farmers of America will host a farm stand offering fresh vegetables, fruits, and cut flowers for sale at the Agriculture Tent. They'll also have antique tractors on display and a fun, veggie themed mini-golf game for kids.
- Plants, Artwork, Crafts & More: If you appreciate gardening, art, or a variety of crafts, be sure to stop by the Home & Garden Tent. Entries to our Home & Garden competitions will be on display as well as demonstrations that include pottery, egg carving, quilting, canning, decorative painting, rug hooking, and more. A schedule of demonstrations and exhibitors can be found in the Fair Schedule Brochure. Interested in entering an item in one of our competitions? Check out the Home & Garden Competition Brochure for details.
- Learn More About Your Parks: Visit the Park System tent to learn about fun in the parks off the beaten path. Visit the Living History Tent for a step back in time with demonstrations such as butter making, embroidery, knitting, woodworking, and more.
- Rev Your Engines: The Auto Zone is the place to be on Sunday! You'll get the opportunity to view amazing cars and trucks ranging from antique autos to race cars. Children can get in on some racing action with the Pinewood Derby (buy your derby car in advance at any hobby store or pay $5 at the Monmouth Council Boy Scouts Fair booth). Free kids races and an obstacle course will also be available.
- Move to the Music: There's nothing better than adding some dancing to your evening. This year's Fair is jam packed with amazing musical acts:
The Monmouth County Fair will take place Wednesday-Sunday, July 24-28 during the following hours: Wednesday-Saturday from 5-11pm and Sunday from 11am-6pm. Tickets are $7 per person; children 12 and under enter free. Seniors and active military members enter free on Sunday, July 28. The Monmouth County Fair is organized and presented by the Monmouth County Park System in cooperation with the Monmouth County 4-H Association. For additional information, visit www.monmouthcountyfair.com or call 732-842-4000, ext. 4312.
Be sure to visit our Facebook page this week and click "Fair Trivia Contest" for your chance to win a Fair prize package. Contest ends July 18, 2013. (You must "like" our page to enter; contest not available on smart phone devices.)