Outdoor Adventure Expo
Held at Turkey Swamp Park, Freehold, this is a terrific event for the outdoor enthusiast. Created to show residents the amazing outdoor adventure opportunities in our area, the Outdoor Adventure Expo allows visitors to:
- Attend free lectures, demonstrations, mini-clinics and nature hikes.
- Explore fishing with your children during the free Children's Fishing Derby held from 12-2 p.m.
- Meet vendors for activities that include canoeing, kayaking, backpacking, climbing, skiing and biking.
- Discover local and regional outdoor adventure and sportsmen's clubs.
- Test a variety of equipment including touring kayaks, white water kayaks, canoes, paddle boats, 25-foot climbing wall, and more!
Make a full weekend of it! Camping is available within Turkey Swamp Park; click here for full details.
Just one of the Monmouth County Park System's historic sites, Historic Walnford offers a look into the lives of the Waln family and the evolution of Walnford over the centuries - from an 18th century industrial village and family farm to an elegant country estate. The annual Walnford Day celebration - formerly held in the fall but now moved to spring - offers an amazing experience of the sights and sounds of the past. Check out all this fun-filled historic event has to offer:
- Hands-on historical activities for all ages including writing with a quill pen or donning 18th century attire
- A variety of historical and hysterical games
- Blacksmithing, woodworking and spinning demonstrations
- Self-guided tours of the beautiful main house from cellar to attic
- Harpsichord and recorder duets in the front parlor from 1-5 p.m.
- Horse drawn wagon rides from 1-4 p.m. (weather permitting)
Can't choose between both events? Why not enjoy both? Turkey Swamp Park and Historic Walnford are less than a 30 minute drive from one another. There's nothing better than enjoying the parks in the spring!