- Polar Bear Hiking Series on Sundays, January 25-March 1 from 8 a.m.-12 p.m. will take you to trails you may have never experienced in the Park System. Each session will visit a different park, such as Huber Woods Park, Tatum Park, Clayton Park and more! If there's snow we'll enjoy the fun of trying out our snowshoes! Pre-registration and fee are required. (Various Park System locations)
- Seashore Open House on Sunday, January 25 from 1-4 p.m. gives a little bit of summer to a cold winter's day. Held at the Seven Presidents Oceanfront Park Activity Center, Long Branch you and your family will enjoy hands-on activities, aquatic animal displays and more. FREE!
- "Split Pea" Cross-Country Ski Clinic on Thursday, January 29 from 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m. will teach you the basics of cross-country skiing. Nature not providing us any snow? We'll be prepared with our ski mats! Pre-registration and fee are required. (Thompson Park, Lincroft)
- Super Bowl Appetizers on Thursday, January 29 from 6-9 p.m. will get you prepared for your upcoming Super Bowl party by offering a variety of tasty recipes like Cheesy Wontons, Lime Infused Pulled Pork, Cheese Puffs and more! Pre-registration and fee are required. (Dorbrook Recreation Area, Colts Neck)
- Sweetheart Clay Ornament on Friday, January 30 from 4-6 p.m. offers visitors a chance to make a special valentine for their sweetheart. Creations will be fired and ready for pick-up before Valentine's Day. FREE!
- Bedtime Stories on Friday, January 30 from 6-7 p.m. offers families a fun evening to enjoy a snack while listening to a bedtime story. All ages are welcome as we wear our pajamas to settle down to head home and enjoy a restful night's sleep. Pre-registration and fee are required. (Holmdel Park, Holmdel)
- Outdoor Cross-Country Ski Clinic on Sunday, February 1 from 1-3 p.m. offers the chance to learn the basics of cross-country skiing so you can ski with confidence when you venture out on your own this winter and in years to come. Pre-registration and fee are required. (Thompson Park, Lincroft)
- Winter Full Moon Walk on Tuesday, February 3 from 5:15-6:15 p.m. will have us out exploring the trails under the light of a full moon. Pre-registration and fee are required. (Manasquan Reservoir, Howell)
- Winter Reservoir Bird Walk on Sunday, February 8 from 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m. takes us for a leisurely walk along the 5-mile perimeter trail as we search for birds spending their winter with us. Pre-registration and fee are required. (Manasquan Reservoir, Howell)
These are just some of the programs awaiting you in the parks! For a full list of our winter programs, visit our website.
And don't let the winter chill get you too down, spring is slowly approaching. The Park System's Spring Program Directory will be released on Friday, February 6 and is filled with 100 pages of fun events and programs for the entire family!