- Help us celebrate the 30th birthday of Dorbrook Recreation Area, Colts Neck on Saturday, August 8 from 1-5 p.m. The afternoon will be filled with family friendly activities, crafts and demonstrations. At 4 p.m. we'll enjoy cake and a ceremony. For full details on this free celebration, click here.
- Enviro-Quest offers nature fun at a different park each week. When you arrive at the scheduled park, follow the Enviro-Quest signs to where our Park System Naturalist awaits. Once there, you'll join in free activities, crafts or games for approximately 30-60 minutes of fun. For upcoming dates and locations, click here.
- Climb Time is the perfect (and free) way to see if rock climbing is for you. Offered at a variety of Monmouth County parks, climbers 42" or taller can explore new heights. Click here for a full list of upcoming dates and locations.
- Tidal Tuesdays every Tuesday through September 1 at 11 a.m. at Fisherman's Cove Conservation Area, Manasquan offers free activities that range from seining to crafts. Children will love meeting with a Park System Naturalist to discover nature and our coastal habitats. For full details, click here.
- Relax and view the beauty of the parks from the water in the seat of a canoe, kayak, rowboat or paddleboat. Canoes are available for rent at Thompson Park, Lincroft on select weekends and Wednesday evenings through the summer. Rentals of rowboats and kayaks are available at the Manasquan Reservoir in Howell, and Turkey Swamp Park in Freehold offers kayaks, canoes and paddleboats for visitors to enjoy. Check out our Boat Rental page for details and pricing.
- If you haven't had a chance to check out Summer Seining at Bayshore Waterfront Park, Port Monmouth, be sure to add it to your list! Offered on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 11 a.m.-12 p.m. through August 21, this free program is a family favorite! Kids will love seeing the creatures found as our Park System Naturalists pull a 30' seine net through the waters of Sandy Hook Bay.
- Looking to cool off? Take a dip in the pool or enjoy the air-conditioned gymnasium at the Fort Monmouth Recreation Center, Tinton Falls. The Rec Center offers a variety of times to enjoy the pool with your family or to have fun playing basketball or using other play equipment in the gym. Check out the variety of drop-in activities available on our Fort Monmouth Recreation Area page.
|Family Open Swim|
Plus, there are over 40 park areas to visit. Peruse the picturesque grounds of Deep Cut Gardens, Middletown; step back in time at Historic Walnford, Freehold or Historic Longstreet Farm, Holmdel; or explore the Environmental Centers at Huber Woods Park, Middletown or the Manasquan Reservoir, Howell. Check out a full listing of your Monmouth County park areas.
We'll see you in the parks!