Don't hide away in the house all winter long, avoiding the shorter days and cooler temperatures. Head to the parks where you can learn a brand new hobby, improve on a current one, or experience something exciting. Check out some brand new programs that are sure to warm up your winter months:
- Pottery Night Out is a terrific opportunity to get out with a friend and make a beautiful pottery piece out of a lump of clay.
- Texas Hold 'em for First Timers is perfect for those who've wanted to try out poker's hottest game. Our professional teachers will offer instruction on all the basics as well as some insider tips and tricks to get you started on the right foot.
- Full Wolf Moon Walk takes you outdoors for an evening walk along Sandy Hook Bay with a Park System Naturalist this January during the first full moon of the year.
- Science in Nature offers children ages 8-11 a chance to discover science and engineering concepts as they relate to the natural world.
- Intro to Kung Fu for children ages 8-12 will introduce this style of martial arts while improving their self-esteem, coordination, focus, and physical fitness.
- Family Skate Date gets the entire family together as we turn the Fort Monmouth Recreation Center gymnasium into an old-fashioned roller rink!
Lastly, mark your calendars for returning special events like the Seashore Open House at Seven Presidents Oceanfront Park on Sunday, January 24, and WinterFest at Thompson Park on Saturday, January 30.
For full details on these programs and many more, check us out online or have a copy of the Winter Program Directory mailed to your home by calling 732-842-4000, ext. 4312. Add some fun to your family this winter with the Monmouth County Park System! You'll be glad you did!